Wednesday, November 18, 2009

decisions

Listen to this…right down the street yesterday afternoon, someone found a baby in the dumpster by the deli in the alley. Right here. Whadaya reading that goes along with that song you're playin'?

This Dawn Powell book, Dance Night…she’s so funny. I want to meet her. She lives in the Village.

Really? You should find her and say hello, why not?

I should. She writes plays, I write music. You hungry?

Not really. I wish we didn’t have to go out tonight. You look great. You know what I mean. I mean, it would be swell to just stay home, or walk around the corner to the Maple Room for a drink. Have some food at Terry’s. You like Terry’s. Terry loves when you play piano.

We’re dressed. They’re expecting us. We could just eat in tonight. This book is great and I need to give it back to Erma on Monday.

She’s always lendin’ you books. New ones. That’s really nice of her. Relax. I’ll go get some food. I’ll call and tell them we’re just…ya know…I bet they’d love Terry’s.

I’ll call them. Order for me…surprise me. No lima beans, liver…

I know…dessert?…right, dumb question. You really look nice tonight.

You do too.

Where’s their number?

Here in my wallet…here.

Honey?

Yeah?

This says, dinner next Friday night at 8.

You're kiddin’ me, right? Play what you were playin' a little while ago...

Room In New York, painting by Edward Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment