Thursday, April 21, 2011

Troy is back in town


Troy Meiss is back in Kansas City for a time. I’m really happy to see him again. Last night he opened for the Brannock Device who opened for Mike Watt at the Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS. Troy made Patrick Deveny’s beautiful guitar sing as he sang along. Troy shared a new song with us last night in a duet with Elaine McMilian…a song of redemption…we all need that from time to time…Tonight, Troy plans to share more at the Brick in Patrick’s Musical Family Thursday Night gathering of artful originality. Welcome home again, Troy…you are loved…and quite edgy…and that Facebook picture of the turntable arms you currently use says a ton…be sure to give Patrick back his guitar. By the way, Patrick, the Jaykco straps looked awesome…

_____________________________________________


Wide I'd by Troy Meiss

I’m heaven sent
Also hell bent
On force word feeding the infidels

Cherish this moment
A need for atonement
Who gave them the right to judge

This is just a ride
Clarity abides
When we view ourselves through different eyes

I may not embibe
But I still subscribe
To the concept and notion of utter absurdity

I came to make your own
A fort built out of stone
Whatever it takes to keep the adults away

I want a Fisher Price brain
One that won’t complain
Cause it’s never done any good for me anyway

[guitar solo]

The toothpick dips
As the breath mint drips
Like watches melting over sandy dunes

The visuals I stole
From down the rabbit hole
They spread pretty nicely onto sourdough

I’m not afraid
Thinks it’s overpaid
And it’s always scrounging for some overtime

We’re coming to an end
I hope (missing lyrics here)
Cause I’m fine fine I’m fine I’m finely seeing again
And I’m fine I’m fine I’m fine I’m finely breathing again
And I’m fine I’m fine I’m fine I’m finely believing again
And I’m fine I’m fine I’m fine I’m fine I’m fine

No comments:

Post a Comment